On June 4, 2013, a public vote was held for a referendum to replace the current (at that time) firehouse with a new building. This referendum was approved by voters allowing the district to build a practical, modern, safer firehouse while eliminating a long list of deficiencies with that firehouse. In September of 2014, the building was razed and property cleared so construction could begin.
In 1953 the firehouse was built and at that time it was the municipal building for the Westhampton Beach Village. It housed the Fire Department, Police Department, and Village Offices. Since then the building has had a few additions and renovations to accommodate all these needs.
The building was humbly dedicated and recognized as the George D Raynor memorial building on May 30, 1970. George Raynor was a Village Trustee, Fireman, and dedicated citizen who died in the line of duty battling a fire in the village.